I'm not sure if everyone has heard about the "nesting" stage of a pregnancy. This is the time when the mommy-to-be gets a little nuts about cleaning and preparing to welcome the baby. Brad swears I have been nesting since the stick showed a double line...that may be. The nursery was essentially finished before we knew whether this baby was a girl or a boy. I have also gone through every drawer and closet getting rid of things (I still feel the need to do this periodically). I've already washed all her newborn sized clothes, sheets, etc. I've packed for the hospital, we've taken classes. We are ready.
But I have recently become even more obsessed with getting things around the house clean. A few nights ago I decided that all my water glasses looked dirty. They had spots or stuff stuck to them. They were gross. I pulled every single water glass out of the cabinet and got some white vinegar and began scrubbing them with the vinegar, I then washed them with hot soapy water, then ran them through the dishwasher...twice. (The first cycle I forgot to add Jet Dry)
Last night I decided that a certain baking pan we often use looked terrible and needed to be properly scrubbed. I took out some steel wool and began scrubbing off old caked-on crap - you know the kind. The stuff that makes your baking sheets look like they are a 100 years old. When I had finished my fingers were gray and it looked like I had tried to file my nails on asphalt. Note to others: wear gloves when using steel wool. Other note: my baking pan no longer has that handy "non-stick" coating.
Now I have big plans for the weekend. I want to get some major spring cleaning out of the way before she gets here. Brad is thrilled with "our plans" for the weekend including: power washing off the lawn furniture and back/front porches, yard work and leaf removal, cleaning light fixtures, mopping the tile underneath the washer and dryer....things like that. He can't wait.
1 comment:
you make me laugh...in a good way :)
Post a Comment