It's been a long time since I have written. Once Harper came along I really didn't have time. I worked full-time as a trial lawyer and every second I wasn't working I wanted to be spending it with her. I hardly touched the computer once I was home. I hardly did anything. That was part of the problem. There was never enough time with her, with Brad, to take care of my home... Now we also have Maxwell! He is our new son and I am even more overwhelmed with trying to "have it all." So I left my big time trial lawyer job that I loved, that paid me a lot of money...to do something more important to me. Be with my kids, my husband and take care of my home. I am excited and scared to take this step, but I know in my heart it is absolutely the right thing to do. I am going to look to see if there is a job out there where I could work just two days a week. Financially it would help, and I also don't want to completely give up everything I worked so hard for. I really do love being a lawyer and had fun doing my job. But two days is all I can spare now, so I hope it works out. If not, that's two more days a week to focus on my family. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me!
So here's Max!

No comments:
Post a Comment